Re: Autovacuum / full vacuum

From: Michael Riess <mlriess(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Autovacuum / full vacuum
Date: 2006-01-18 14:09:42
Lists: pgsql-performance

> There's a number of sites that have lots of info on postgresql.conf
> tuning. Google for 'postgresql.conf tuning' or 'annotated
> postgresql.conf'.

I know some of these sites, but who should I know if the information on
those pages is correct? The information on those pages should be
published as part of the postgres documentation. Doesn't have to be too
much, maybe like this page:

http://www.powerpostgresql.com/Downloads/annotated_conf_80.html

But it should be part of the documentation to show newbies that not only
the information is correct, but also approved of and recommended by the
postgres team.