news.postgresql.org slow

From: stig erikson <stigerikson_nospam_(at)yahoo(dot)se>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: news.postgresql.org slow
Date: 2005-12-03 14:06:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi.
this might not be the correct place to ask but i see not better place.

i use the news server news.postgresql.org. every now and then i go
offline and i usually do a offline synchronization before (download
every message, head + body).

the news.postgresql.org server seems to have some speed limit that only
allows the receiver (my news reader) to fetch ~2 messages per second.
this is painfully slow.
would it be possible for the server holder to change this limit (if such
a limit is in place) to allow, say, twice as many bodies to be
transmitted per second?

it is not a bandwidth problem at my end (but could of course be
something else at my end), i don't see this problem with other news
servers though.

thanks
stig