Re: Fix oversight in pts_error_callback()

From: "Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq(at)cs(dot)toronto(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fix oversight in pts_error_callback()
Date: 2005-08-11 02:00:10
Lists: pgsql-patches

> That's a contrived example (and if I believed it, I would think that the
> right answer is to emit no errcontext if the elevel is less than ERROR).

Yes, I've thought about ignore errcontext by considering elevel. But I
scratched the source code for other uses of errcontext, and I found seems
all of them understand that errcontext will be called unconditionally. For
example, buffer_write_error_callback(), it doesn't say "error in writing
block ..." but says "writing block ...". So I think this place is not
consistent with others - it just says "invalid ... ", and should be changed.

Regards,
Qingqing