Re: Installation Error, Server Won't Start

From: ray <Ray(dot)Joseph(at)CDICorp(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installation Error, Server Won't Start
Date: 2009-03-20 04:08:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Raymond,

I used the pgInstaller on the Win2K box and it is working. I
downloaded from a different mirror. The installation ran a little
different. Additionally, there seemed to be an issue with rights.
The installer setup a user which I accepted but it came back saying
that the rights weren't right (I don't remember the specifics). So I
built a user and made it an administrator (the FAQ said it shouldn't
be an administrator), but the installer responded with a statement of
the effect that this user didn't have the correct rights. So I
changed the user to a superuser. The installer liked that.

But when the installation progressed to choosing languages, Python was
no longer shown as available. I accepted the only one available and
proceded. . . Not it works.

The problem is I need Python functionality for Trac. Can I add it?
How do I get where I need to be?

Thanks,

Ray