Re: converting older databases

From: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Sathish Duraiswamy <sathish(at)leatherlink(dot)net>
Cc: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: converting older databases
Date: 2009-03-06 03:35:28
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Sathish Duraiswamy
<sathish(at)leatherlink(dot)net> wrote:
> Thanks for ur reply John
>
> For information , We have Novell SuSe 11.0 server ON x86_32 and we have
> installed from source code

Then all you need to do is run ./configure with the same --prefix
switch as you did before, and then make ; make install it and it will
be installed over the top of the pg install files already there. Shut
down the db first, then run make install. Should come right back up.
It's always a good idea to have a backup just in case though.