Re: After updating dataset the record goes to the end of thedataset

From: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Nacef LABIDI" <nacef(dot)l(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Bart Degryse" <Bart(dot)Degryse(at)indicator(dot)be>, "Craig Ringer" <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Roland Voegtli" <voegtli(at)scnat(dot)ch>
Subject: Re: After updating dataset the record goes to the end of thedataset
Date: 2008-04-22 15:16:44
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 7:00 AM, Nacef LABIDI <nacef(dot)l(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Thank you all for your useful comments.
>
> I have tried to order my records as you said and got it work as I wanted.

Cool beans! I was just watching this conversation, but wanted to
point out that using the methods mentioned in this thread (i.e. ones
that use order by) is good practice. It's quite possible that at some
point in the future the storage engine of MS-SQL could change and
break your application on that platform. By using the order by
method, you ensure you're using a method that works today and in the
future on all major platforms.