Re: sequence owned by backwards compatability

From: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: s(dot)borse(at)direction(dot)biz
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: sequence owned by backwards compatability
Date: 2007-12-16 23:42:55
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Dec 12, 2007 2:59 AM, DBA <s(dot)borse(at)direction(dot)biz> wrote:

> Hi Experts,
>
> I am very new to Postgres. Can any body tell me the steps how to install
> 8.2.5 on fedora core 6.

Don't start a new thread by replying to an old one, start a new thread
fresh... Anyway

fc6 is EOLed, you should really look at going to fc7 or 8. But...

just download the redhat rpms from the postgresql site, and in the
same directory as them do something like this:

sudo rpm --install postgresql*rpm

and that should do it.