Re: FW: how to use ODBC interface

From: ashoksrautela(at)hotmail(dot)com (Ashok Rautela)
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FW: how to use ODBC interface
Date: 2001-11-16 10:37:20
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

Firstly I am not sure if you have to components for the ODBC driver
for PostgresSQL on Solaris. If you don't please sent me an e-mail (
arautela(at)openlinksw(dot)co(dot)uk ) so that I can send the components to you.
What I understand from your statement is that you want to use the ODBC
interface of PostgresSQL to connect to applications on Solaris (is
this a seperate Solaris machine or the same one where PostgresSQL is
installed??) Please correct me in the e-mail if I am wrong.

To answer your questions:

1) There is a C++ Demo 32bit program that you can use to connect to
the PostgresSQL database and pull information from but this is only
part of Windows installation.

2) I am not really sure about this but what I would say is that the
OpenLink ODBC driver for PostgresSQL is a proven and industry standard
software. I don't want to comment on psqlODBC because that really
depends on what different developers are trying to achieve.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Ashok Rautela