Re: French PDF manual

From: "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume(dot)lelarge(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: French PDF manual
Date: 2006-05-09 09:19:07
Lists: pgsql-docs

2006/5/9, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>:
> Guillaume LELARGE wrote:
> > The PDF manual available on the postgresql web site is quite
> > difficult to use. For example, take a look at table 9.5 (pages 125
> > and 126). Text goes beyond the cells. It's really difficult to read
> > it. Sometimes you can't read the text because it goes beyond the page
> > : see pages 223 and 345).
> >
> > I think these are real important issues.
>
> Certainly, but what do they have to do with the question whether the
> source format of the documentation should be XML or SGML?

OK, I understand what you mean. I don't know if there is a fix for
this issue with sgml and the jade toolkit but I do know there is one
available with xml and the xsltproc toolkit. And I'm available to do
it.

If someone wants to work on sgml/jade/dsssl stylesheets to fix the
issues I talked earlier, great, good news. But I haven't seen anyone
talking about this. So perhaps, the good way to handle this is to go
the xml way.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.