Arrays and JDBC :: setObject causes array_in Need to specify dimension

From: tyagel(at)yahoo(dot)com (tyagel)
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Arrays and JDBC :: setObject causes array_in Need to specify dimension
Date: 2004-05-24 13:23:10
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Im repositing this question from Friday as it ended up on the end of a
year old thread that did not answer my question ...

I have created a database table with and int[] column and I would like
to insert records into this table using JDBC.

The JDBC documentation that I have read seems to indicate that I
should use setObject when inserting the int[] into my
PreparedStatement.

When I attempt to insert the record with the int[] that was set via
setObject I get an error reading "array_in: Need to specify
dimension".

Thanks,
Thomas