Help with creating Documentation

From: WejofOST(at)aol(dot)com
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Help with creating Documentation
Date: 2007-03-05 20:04:24
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have inherited a pgsql database and a raft of PHP programs.
I am a "novice" as far as pgsql is concerned although as a mainframe
dinosaur I have knowledge of a number of RDBS systems plus MS-SQL and MySQL .
The PHP code is quite readable but on the database side the previous owner
did not believe in documentation!

How can I generate a list of tables and then fields within the tables in
pgsql?

I have looked in the documentation indexes but unable to see mention of such
facilities?

Wej Parry
OST Ltd. UK.