Postgres: Packaging & Server Startup

From: CM J <postgres(dot)newbie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres: Packaging & Server Startup
Date: 2009-03-31 10:28:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am working on packaging postgres database in our java based
application.I downloaded postgresql-8.2.12-1-binaries-no-installer.zip from
the postgres site and installed it on a windows 2003 machine using
administrator account.I later created a postgres service login account and
changed the permissions on the postgres directory to include this user too.

When logged in as administrator , i tried starting the server using the
following cmd:

pg_ctl.exe -U postgres -P <mypasswd> -w start -D D:\pgsql\data

However, i get the following error message:

waiting for server to start...FATAL: postgres: could not locate matching
postgres executable

I also tried the starting the server using runas :

runas /user:postgres "pg_ctl.exe -wait start -D D:\pgsql\data"

The above too failed.Please let me know on what i am missing here.

Thanks.