Off Topic: ICD-10 codes in a database table?

From: Andrew Gould <andrewlylegould(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Off Topic: ICD-10 codes in a database table?
Date: 2009-02-26 15:12:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Background: ICD-10 is a clinical coding system maintained by the World
Health Organization. The system is used in most "advanced" countries.
Hospitals in the USA must convert from ICD-9 to ICD-10 by 2013.

Problem: I've been trying to find a table of ICD-10 codes to import into a
database; but the only listings that I can find are in publicly available
pdf files. I've tried to copy the text to text files, but the resulting
layout is horrible -- it would take, literally, weeks or months of manual
tweaking to parse.

Does anyone have or know of an existing table of ICD-10 codes that is
already "import friendly"?

Thanks,

Andrew Gould