Re: Write Ahead Logging for Hash Indexes

From: Jesper Pedersen <jesper(dot)pedersen(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Write Ahead Logging for Hash Indexes
Date: 2016-09-27 19:08:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 09/25/2016 01:00 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:
> Attached patch fixes the problem, now we do perform full page writes
> for bitmap pages. Apart from that, I have rebased the patch based on
> latest concurrent index patch [1]. I have updated the README as well
> to reflect the WAL logging related information for different
> operations.
>
> With attached patch, all the review comments or issues found till now
> are addressed.

I have been running various tests, and applications with this patch
together with the CHI v8 patch [1].

As I havn't seen any failures and doesn't currently have additional
feedback I'm moving this patch to "Ready for Committer" for their feedback.

If others have comments, move the patch status back in the CommitFest
application, please.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1%2BX%3D8sUd1UCZDZnE3D9CGi9kw%2Bkjxp2Tnw7SX5w8pLBNw%40mail.gmail.com

Best regards,