Re: ISO_8859_8 encoding

From: "Sim Zacks" <sim(at)nospam(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ISO_8859_8 encoding
Date: 2005-01-02 06:21:31
Lists: pgsql-general

There is only one installation of PostGreSQL on this machine.
It is a 8.0 beta 1

This is running on a RedHat 8 box and the initial setup did not include any
database. I downloaded and installed PostGreSQL from source.

I noticed that all the directories under /usr/local/pgsql except "data" were
owned by root with a root group as well, so I changed them all to be owned
by postgres in the postgres group and that did not help.
As a side note, on my other machine where it is working fine, the directory
ownership is currently set up with root owning everything and being the root
group except the "data" directory, so I didn't think that was the issue, but
I tried anyways.

Any other thoughts or guidance are muchly appreciated.

Sim