Re: Performance query about large tables, lots of concurrent access

From: Francisco Reyes <lists(at)stringsutils(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Performance query about large tables, lots of concurrent access
Date: 2007-06-19 18:45:36
Lists: pgsql-performance

Heikki Linnakangas writes:

> On a serious note, the index vacuum improvements in 8.2 might help you
> to cut that down. You seem to be happy with your setup, but I thought
> I'd mention it..

I am really, really trying.. to go to 8.2.
I have a thread on "general" going on for about a week.
I am unable to restore a database on 8.2.4.. on a particular machine.
Don't know if the issue is the machine configuration or whether I have found
a Postgresql bug.

The plan is to copy the data over and work on migrating to the second
machine.

Also we are splitting the database so historical information (which never
changes for us) will be in one DB and all the active/current data will be on
another. This way our backups/vacuums will be faster.