Re: Functions in postgres

From: "Sim Zacks" <sim(at)nospam(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Functions in postgres
Date: 2004-11-09 13:19:45
Lists: pgsql-general

It would seem that trying to hide code while using an open source system is just wrong. 8-)

That being said -- You would grant the user/group execute rights on the function, but no read rights on the system table that contains the function definition, pg_proc.
How is this user supposed to call the function? Does he have a cutomized application or does he have access to an SQL interface, such as Psql or PGAdmin?

Finally, I don't think you have to apologize for either bad English or for being Spanish, the native English speakers (and I only speak for myself here) appreciate the extra effort that non-English speaking people put in to allow the project to be fully internationalized. You should be proud of being Spanish, because even though there were a lot of bad points in Spanish history, Christopher Colombus did supposedly discover America, or something similar, and without that we wouldn't all be speaking English today.

sim

""Tk421"" <vrobador(at)vodafone(dot)es> wrote in message news:003e01c4c657$bd4cfc10$64005f0a(at)creativosdolmen(dot)com(dot)(dot)(dot)
I've made some functions, an i want these functions to be used by a specified user, but i don't want this user can see the code of the functions. Does somebody knows how can i do this?

Sorry about my english, i'm spanish.

Víctor Robador Capel

Análisis de Sistemas y Programación

www.creativosdolmen.com