Re: Best COPY Performance

From: "Worky Workerson" <worky(dot)workerson(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Luke Lonergan" <llonergan(at)greenplum(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Best COPY Performance
Date: 2006-10-28 03:43:25
Lists: pgsql-performance

> Worky (that your real name? :-)

Nope, its Mike. worky.workerson is just the email that I use for "work" :)

> How many CPUs on the machine? Can you send the result of "cat
> /proc/cpuinfo"?

Not at work at the moment, however I do have quad dual-core opterons,
like Merlin mentioned.

> Is your "cat file | psql" being done on the DBMS server or is it on the
> network?

Everything is currently being done on the same DB server. The data
that is being loaded is on the same 2-disk "RAID10" as the OS and WAL.