To separate Postgres Build process from the Install

From: "Ganesh Chaudhari" <ganesh(dot)techgroups(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: To separate Postgres Build process from the Install
Date: 2006-05-03 09:12:13
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Experts,

We are using postgresql-8.0.3. We are able to ./configure, build and install
on Solaris.

I want to separate the ./configure and build process from the install. That
is I want ./configure and build in one directory and then install from
other. Means I want to ./configure and build once, and then copy all
required executable and lib to some other directory and then use this
directory for install.

Can this be possible, and have someone already done of this type.

Thanks in Advance for your inputs.
- Ganesh