Out of memry with large result set

From: "olivier(dot)scalbert(at)algosyn(dot)com" <olivier(dot)scalbert(at)algosyn(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Out of memry with large result set
Date: 2008-07-13 11:35:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I am doing a query via psql on a huge database, and I want to have its
output piped to other unix processes.
As the result set is very big, I've got: "out of memory for query
result".
How can I manage that, without playing with cursors, as I do not want
to change the sql query ?

Under mysql, I have the same issue, but by using: mysql -quick, I have
what I want.
Is there something equivalent under postgresql ? Or should I use
another clients ?

Thanks,

Olivier