SQL99 - Nested Tables

From: Darren Alcorn <dalcorn(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SQL99 - Nested Tables
Date: 2005-07-06 20:28:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I was interested as to if there were plans to develop SQL99 nested
tables. I know with AJAX(tm) starting to grow in popularity that the
XML features of SQL2003 would prove useful for EnterpriseDB.

I have developed applications using Microsoft SQL Server since 1999. I
have only been programming in C for about a year. I was curious as to
what I might could do to contribute towards nested table support. I
personally think it's needed, and am willing to do whatever I need to
to make it happen.

My first step was to get the latest source and try and understand it some.

Darren Alcorn