Submitting cursored query support, docs, etc

From: "Kalle Hallivuori" <kato(at)iki(dot)fi>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Submitting cursored query support, docs, etc
Date: 2007-11-29 09:51:56
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi all fellow pgadmin-hackers!

We at Koodaripalvelut.com are adding some features on top of pgAdmin
for Truviso.com to support their streaming relations. A couple of
items might be of interest to pgAdmin in general:

1. Automatic CURSOR wrapping for SELECT queries in SQL query window
with yet another alternative Execute button
2. Showing results from cursors page by page in SQL output pane, with
a "next page" button
3. Closing open query cursor when user executes another query, stops
current one or closes the query window
4. Some documentation on architectural details of pgAdmin
5. How-tos for getting started on developing pgAdmin.

Seems there's some support for branding and features of other
proprietary servers. We'd probably happily provide all our code
(currently being developed against the 1.8.0 release source) if you'd
welcome it - mainly some extra classes and some bits of added
abstraction in places such as columns.

Insights?

--
Kalle Hallivuori +358-41-5053073 http://korpiq.iki.fi/