PostgreSQL 8.3 RC2 Install problems on Windows Vista Home Premium PT_BR

From: "T(dot)J(dot) Adami" <adamitj(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL 8.3 RC2 Install problems on Windows Vista Home Premium PT_BR
Date: 2008-01-31 16:08:44
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm trying to install PostgreSQL 8.3 RC2 for Windows on my Windows
Vista Home Premium (Brazillian Portuguese), and thus I'm getting an
error on 'initdb' after copy of all files into destination path.

The error is this:

"Failed to run initdb: 1!
Please see the logfile in 'C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3RC2\tmp
\initdb.log'
Note! You must read/copy this logfile before you click OK,
or it will be automatically removed."

And on this file, I get a portuguese message, even using English as
language for the installer:

"Falha na inicialização do aplicativo devido a configuração lado a
lado incorreta. Consulte o log de eventos do aplicativo para obter