Re: Clave usuario postgres

From: "Jaime Casanova" <systemguards(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Wolfgang Rodriguez" <mayckmarck(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Clave usuario postgres
Date: 2008-02-22 05:06:35
Lists: pgsql-adminpgsql-es-ayuda
this is an english list, you can write in spanish at
pgsql-es-ayuda(at)postgresql(dot)org

2008/2/21 Wolfgang Rodriguez <mayckmarck(at)hotmail(dot)com>:

> Saludos a todos.
>
> Se me presenta el siguiente problema: olvidé y extravié la clave o password
> del usuario postgres y no puedo accesar las distintas bases de datos.
>
> Por favor, alguien sabe cómo podría recuperar esta clave o password?
> Me han dicho que si vuelvo a instalar la aplicación, es decir, el manejador
> de postgres, puedo perder toda la información de las bases de datos.

is this the password for the OS user "postgres" or the DB role "postgres"?

if the former you tell that to your sysadmin in order to him to reset it...

then change the pg_hba.conf file and put trust as the method
authorization for local access or maybe sameuser then reset it with
ALTER ROLE

of course, you need access to the machine...

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova

to produce bigger and better idiots.