How to profile an "SQL script"?

From: "Kynn Jones" <kynnjo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to profile an "SQL script"?
Date: 2008-12-03 19:31:02
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi. I have a longish collection of SQL statements stored in a file that I
run periodically via cron. Running this "script" takes a bit too long, even
for a cron job, and I would like to streamline it.
Is there a way to tell Postgres to print out, after each SQL statement is
executed, how long it took to execute?

Thanks!

Kynn