Re: Can I read data load files without loading in db?

From: "barry conner" <barryc(dot)ctr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Martijn van Oosterhout" <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, barryc(dot)ctr(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can I read data load files without loading in db?
Date: 2006-08-25 11:36:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks for your reply Martijn.
I do not know for certain that its in pg_dump format, not having dealt
with it specificly before. I will examine the files more closely to look
for COPY statements. If not in that format, what else could it be that
could be shoved right into a postgresql database? In any case, would an
associated file (schema type?) tell me the field name arrangements that the
data files are loaded with? or if COPY statements are used, would they
name the fields being targeted?

Thanks again.