Re: OLAP CUBE/ROLLUP Operators and GROUP BY grouping sets

From: Sailesh Krishnamurthy <sailesh(at)cs(dot)berkeley(dot)edu>
To: Robert Bedell <robert(at)friendlygenius(dot)com>
Cc: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "'Hannu Krosing'" <hannu(at)tm(dot)ee>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: OLAP CUBE/ROLLUP Operators and GROUP BY grouping sets
Date: 2003-12-18 16:11:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

We have a rude hack of temping hashed aggs to disk to deal with the
case where there is not enough memory. I don't think that's an ideal
solution, but it certainly has the code to dump to file. I can post
the patch later in the day ..

(This is some code for our undergrad db class assignment. I was
planning to clean it up and submit it properly but I never got the
time)

--
Pip-pip
Sailesh