Re: access and postgresql

From: "nobody" <nobody(at)nowhere(dot)near(dot)here>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: access and postgresql
Date: 2003-12-05 17:59:42
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Could not you open the recordset with a specific WHERE condition in it?
:
db.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM maquina WHERE <your condition comes here>"

This way it would only pull the record(s) satysfying the WHERE condition.
Also, the SQL can be generated programatically before db.OpenRecordset().

""Sezmillenium"" <sezmillenium(at)yahoo(dot)es> wrote in message
Hi all,
I read your article "Using Microsoft Access with PostgreSQL" in
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/v2/Guides/Using%20Microsoft%20Access%20with%20PostgreSQL/ .

I am interested to convert access database to postgresql and I must use
access to front view because I have a visual basic application. I tryed few
months ago and I have a problem with seek function. You can see the code
below:

Set maquina = bd.OpenRecordset("maquina")
maquina.index = "primarykey"
maquina.Seek "=", OF

With ODBC connection don't accept seek, because is a function that only
works with access (is Jet connector). I didn't find a solution because I
cannot change all code. Do you know something???

Thanks
SERGI