Re: PLEASE: I really need german characters

From: "Markus Donath" <md-postgres-donath(at)netapps(dot)de>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PLEASE: I really need german characters
Date: 2003-12-02 11:24:58
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

try encoding your database in latin-9 encoding. i think the default is
sql_ascii.
check the manual on how to set the encoding, i don't know how exactly how to
do it (i think you can set the encoding when copying a database). For me, it
fixed a similar problem with ADO and PGAdmin III.

bye,
markus.

""Gunnar Groetschel"" <ggroetschel(at)sokoma(dot)de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> It is impossible, that none of you have problems with this!!!
> Best regards
> Gunnar
>

> [Gunnar Groetschel] > Hi List
> [Gunnar Groetschel] > I have a question, that should be in the FAQs, but i
didnt found it.
> [Gunnar Groetschel] > I am trying to connect a postgres database with
access 2000 over the latest odbc driver.
> [Gunnar Groetschel] > Everything works fine and i am able to see the
tables in access, but without any german characters [Gunnar Groetschel] >
.