does ODBC quotes table or field's name?

From: "Netto" <rcnetto(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: does ODBC quotes table or field's name?
Date: 2003-10-31 17:42:18
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I'm trying to migrate an application made with Delphi from Oracle to
PostgreSQL... There's a problem I think it's related to the ODBC driver...
(Not a problem at all, but a feature).
When I execute a sql statement through Delphi, I receive an error message
saying the table does not exists... I intercepted the SQL statement and
notice that ODBC insert quotes around tables and fields name, no matter how
I wrote the sentence into Delphi... Is it really ODBC Driver who does that?
If so, is there a workaround?

Thank you all!
Netto