Re: Postgres Logging doesnt work

From: "Shoaib Mir" <shoaibmir(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Pallav Kalva" <pkalva(at)livedatagroup(dot)com>
Cc: "Andrew Sullivan" <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres Logging doesnt work
Date: 2006-10-02 16:35:34
Lists: pgsql-admin

I guess that might work:

1. Set the following in postgresql.conf file --> log_rotation_age = 1
2. rename the already present log file from dbserver logs folder
3. Now do --> pg_ctl reload (so that log_rotation_age change you did comes
in affect)
4. Check the log folder after a while (after 1 minutes) and it will be
having a new log file and doing all the logging there
5. After it starts the logging you can revert the change done to
rotation_age and do a reload again.

Thanks,
---
Shoaib Mir