Re: Re : Re: Authentication troubleshooting using psql

From: "Shoaib Mir" <shoaibmir(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re : Re: Authentication troubleshooting using psql
Date: 2006-05-23 20:30:34
Lists: pgsql-admin

The way you are reloading is not the right way to reload the configurations.
As you are on Windows and have used the installer so a right way to reload
your configuration after you have made the change to pg_hba.conf file will
be to:

Go to Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Reload Configuration

Now for connecting to a database from the SQL prompt use

\c dbname

I hope this helps but do try the latest installer as mentioned in the last
email for 8.1.4 as this has a few things fixed which can help you.

/Shoaib