Re: Warm standby failover mechanism

From: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Warm standby failover mechanism
Date: 2009-02-25 13:54:25
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm still trying to work out how this file creation/deletion thing will
work. If I can tag a "&& touch /tmp/pg.trigger" command to the end of the
recovery command, how often will that be called? If I can't, I still need
to ensure that it is created and deleted before the recovery command is
called, otherwise it will see it before it is deleted and put itself online.

Has anyone got a practical example of what they've set up, or know what
others have set up?