Re: how do I do dump and restore without bugging with constraint?

From: "Net Tree Inc(dot)" <nettreeinc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: how do I do dump and restore without bugging with constraint?
Date: 2010-02-23 06:39:44
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

Ok, I am just trying to find the proper way to back and restore database
that contain restriction.

The other way to ask. If I have two 99% schema similar databases. The old
one might contain few columns that does not exist in the new one and contain
constrains that the new DB does not have. In that case, what's standard to
do this?

Since they are 99% similar in schema, can I do "data dump" only ? will that
work?

If owner for database between Old and new DB are different, do I must add
that owner in by create new role?

appreciated,

Steven

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov

--
Steven Huang