Re: Best suiting OS

From: Denis Lussier <denis(dot)lussier(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: david(at)lang(dot)hm
Cc: S Arvind <arvindwill(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Best suiting OS
Date: 2009-10-01 19:44:09
Lists: pgsql-performance

I'm a BSD license fan, but, I don't know much about *BSD otherwise (except
that many advocates say it runs PG very nicely).
On the Linux side, unless your a dweeb, go with a newer, popular & well
supported release for Production. IMHO, that's RHEL 5.x or CentOS 5.x. Of
course the latest SLES & UBuntu schtuff are also fine.

In other words, unless you've got a really good reason for it, stay away
from Fedora & OpenSuse for production usage.