Re: Dreaming About Redesigning SQL

From: seunosewa(at)inaira(dot)com (Seun Osewa)
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Dreaming About Redesigning SQL
Date: 2003-10-10 06:17:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

dwolt(at)iserv(dot)net (Dawn M. Wolthuis) wrote in message news:<6db906b2(dot)0310091212(dot)4f967cf5(at)posting(dot)google(dot)com>...
> I would suggest ditching the entire relational model (as both overly
> simplistic in its theory and overly complex in its implementation) and
> start with English (that is one of the other names for the GIRLS
> language). Note that language is also the starting point for putting
> data in XML documents, but it sure doesn't seem to be the starting
> point for XQuery, eh?
>
> --dawn
> Dawn M. Wolthuis
> www.tincat-group.com

Please explain further. What do you really mean? Its natural for
everyone here to think every word in that post was a troll unless you
explain your views more clearly. You could not have expressed a more
unpopular/unsupportable combination of ideas! Exactly how would we go
about using language as a query tool? Is this AI? What would the
underlying model be knowing how redundant and imprecise language can
be? Tell what we may have missed.

Seun Osewa