Re: GUI Interface

From: "Joe Kramer" <cckramer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GUI Interface
Date: 2006-05-19 11:57:09
Lists: pgsql-general

We've been using EMS PostgreSQL admin.

Pros:
It has great visual tools for building views. Like in Enterprise manager or
MS Access. pgAdmin don't have that.
Great import/export abilities. PGAdmin don't have much flexibility.

Cons:
Too bad it don't support UNICODE and not known if it will.
Problems with dollar-quoted procedures. But that's PostresSQL long-standing
problem. I mean if you have procedures you may create then only in
command-line psql or pgAdmin. Other tools that are not developed by Postgres
team will choke and report something about unterminated constant.