Re: pgcrypto sha256/384/512 don't work on Redhat. Please help!

From: "Joe Kramer" <cckramer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgcrypto sha256/384/512 don't work on Redhat. Please help!
Date: 2006-05-09 11:16:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks, but I need it to work out-of-the-box, with standard installation of
RedHat or Gentoo and standard PostgreSQL rpm.

I am developing application with PortgreSQL and I can't tell customer to
"Recompile PostgreSQL and see if it works then try to use non-openssl
pgcrypto or try to compile openSSL 0.9.8."

Pgcrypto depends on OpenSSL 0.9.8. And 0.9.8 is not "Stable" in RedHat and
Gentoo. So you need to recompile pgcrypto/openssl anyway if you want to use
it. Can I report this in PostgreSQL bug system?

Regards.