Re: Commitfest patches mostly assigned ... status

From: "Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Commitfest patches mostly assigned ... status
Date: 2008-09-11 21:14:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 5:06 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> The patch looks OK to me as it was the last time I looked at it; maybe
>> Tom has more comments, so I decided against just committing it.
>
> I haven't got round to looking at it in this fest. If anyone else wants
> to look it over, feel free. I think Josh is overrating the patch's
> review difficulty --- anyone who uses libpq a lot could review it,
> IMHO. You certainly wouldn't need any backend-internals knowledge.

Josh is probably basing that on the long history of
discussion/revision cycles. There is very little change from the
design that was hammered out except for the late breaking tweak of how
the passthru pointer works. I think the subtext here is that we are
waiting on you to sign off on the patch (or not).

merlin