postgresql rising

From: "Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: postgresql rising
Date: 2006-09-20 03:57:11
Lists: pgsql-general

I have seen a steady progressive rise in the number of postgresql
related jobs and the quality of those jobs. Major companies are
apparently rolling out critical infrastructure on postgresql...Vonage
is one example:
(http://jobsearch.monster.com/getjob.asp?JobID=47975237&AVSDM=2006%2D09%2D15+13%3A07%3A10&Logo=1&JobTitle=PostgreSQL+Databa%2E%2E%2E&q=postgresql&cy=us&JSNONREG=1&Image1.x=0&Image1.y=0&dcjvlid=380).
Salaries for a capable pg dba are really attractive, I have seen
several in the 6 figure range. If you are reading this list and you
like making money, this is amazing news folks. I am seeing a
confluence of many factors leading to serious penetration into the
enterprise market.

Around 5 years ago after being mostly a c/c++ developer I decided
postgresql was where it was at. Learning the database and becoming
productive with it has been professionally rewarding on many levels.
It's really exciting watching the community evolve.

merlin