Any interest in a Tcl-only libpgtcl project?

From: ljb <lbayuk(at)mindspring(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Any interest in a Tcl-only libpgtcl project?
Date: 2003-01-30 02:09:00
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Is there any interest in a Tcl-only interface to PostgreSQL which is mostly
call-compatible with libpgtcl? I wrote my own PostgreSQL interface using
only Tcl about 4 years ago, to use on Windows and other platforms. It was
kind of slow (mostly for big result sets), so once I found the DLLs
available, I used those instead. But I've continue to work on it. I
recently added MD5 authentication and pg_execute.

Would this be something to put on gborg.postgresql.org? Not to compete with
the libpgtcl effort. Maybe a "libpgtcl lite". It might be useful for smaller
apps in Tcl where you don't have or can't be bothered to get libpq and
libpgtcl. Would this be a useful addition to the available PostgreSQL
interfaces?