Re: hosting recommendations?

From: Webb Sprague <webb(dot)sprague(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: hosting recommendations?
Date: 2009-09-08 21:27:44
Lists: sfpug

> The non-profit is willing to shift their operations elsewhere,

I would look seriously into virtualizing their setup, so that it can
be shipped, cloned, upgraded, backed up, etc.

I can't say I have done this myself, but at work we host with an
internal ISP (basically), and I REALLY wish I had virtualized when I
started and set up the current system -- especially every time they
whine about upgrading Postgres past 8.2 ....

For your client they probably still need somebody to do the admin on
it, but I can't imagine virtualization would make that either easier
or harder.

> so I'm
> writing to see if anyone has praise for/positive experience with any
> of the ISPs listed at ...

Sorry, but I am talking off the cuff anyway ;)