Re: Mailing list setup issue

From: "Chris Velevitch" <chris(dot)velevitch(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2006-04-27 07:34:11
Lists: pgsql-general

On 4/27/06, Guy Rouillier <guyr(at)masergy(dot)com> wrote:
> Done on purpose. Use "reply to all".

Isn't that a bad habit to get into? There's been a lot of press about
people who habitually reply all.

Besides, isn't the point of a mailing list is that it's a global
public discussion on a topic in which all subscribers can 'listen in'
on the discussion. You never know what useful information can be
obtained from seeing the full discussion.

In addition, it's not the norm. I subscribe to lots of mailing lists
and postgresql.org lists are the only ones that I've seem do that.

So what's the reasoning behind this choice?

Chris
--
Chris Velevitch
Manager - Sydney Flash Platform Developers Group