Re: Mailing list setup issue

From: Geoffrey <esoteric(at)3times25(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2006-04-27 12:09:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Chris Velevitch wrote:
> On 4/27/06, Guy Rouillier <guyr(at)masergy(dot)com> wrote:
>> Done on purpose. Use "reply to all".
>
> Isn't that a bad habit to get into? There's been a lot of press about
> people who habitually reply all.
>
> Besides, isn't the point of a mailing list is that it's a global
> public discussion on a topic in which all subscribers can 'listen in'
> on the discussion. You never know what useful information can be
> obtained from seeing the full discussion.
>
> In addition, it's not the norm. I subscribe to lots of mailing lists
> and postgresql.org lists are the only ones that I've seem do that.
>
> So what's the reasoning behind this choice?

Look, this really has become a religious issue. There are list that do
it both ways. Let's not waste anymore bandwidth on the list with it.
Learn to live with the way the list is setup.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both. - Benjamin Franklin