Disc space - UnUsed tuples

From: "Rune" <rune(at)inpoc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Disc space - UnUsed tuples
Date: 2002-12-13 15:43:08
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have a database with a table where new tuples are often added and then
updated. I get around 50000 new inserts every day, and every single tuple
gets an update one or more times. This I think is the reason that the
database takes up a lot more disc space then the actually data really need
(UnUsed tuples), and I need to free space. The database needs to run 24
hours a day, hence I cannot run vaccuum full to free space. My disc is
getting full and I sure would have appreciated it if someone could give me a
hint on what to do ?!?

Urle