Re: 9.2beta1, parallel queries, ReleasePredicateLocks, CheckForSerializableConflictIn in the oprofile

From: Sergey Koposov <koposov(at)ast(dot)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 9.2beta1, parallel queries, ReleasePredicateLocks, CheckForSerializableConflictIn in the oprofile
Date: 2012-05-26 14:58:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 26 May 2012, Stephen Frost wrote:

> Alright, can you just time 'cat' when they're started a few seconds or
> whatever apart from each other? I can't imagine it being affected in
> the same way as these, but seems like it wouldn't hurt to check.

I've tryed cat'ting a created in advance 8gig file on the same filesystem.
And during the multi-threaded run it takes ~4sec, roughly the same as
when run separately.

Sergey E. Koposov, PhD, Research Associate
Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge
Madingley road, CB3 0HA, Cambridge, UK
Tel: +44-1223-337-551 Web: http://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/~koposov/