psql symbol lookup error

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql symbol lookup error
Date: 2010-12-14 18:24:38
Lists: pgsql-general

I have -9.0.1 installed in /usr/local/pgsql and my accounting software
(Ledger123) can access its data there. However, when I try to run 'psql
aesi' (the L123 database), which is owned by me, on the command line I see:

[rshepard(at)salmo ~]$ psql aesi
psql: symbol lookup error: psql: undefined symbol: PQconnectdbParams

I've not encountered this with previous versions of postgres installed in
/var/lib/pgsql/. I would like to understand why I get this error trying to
run on the command line while L123 apparently has no problems using the
httpd/firefox front ends.

TIA,

Rich