Separating Database By Dates

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Separating Database By Dates
Date: 2009-02-10 16:29:46
Lists: pdxpug

I use SQL-Ledger with postgres as the back end for my business. While I
can close a year from an accounting perspective, all data remain in the
tables. What I would like to do is clone the tables, and have a separate
database for each year. This is apparently not feasible within SL, so I
wonder if it's practical and worth doing from within postgres. If so, then
I'll need to figure out how to configure SL to work with the current year's
data, yet access prior years if that's necessary.

Any thoughts or comments will be welcome.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D. | Integrity Credibility
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. | Innovation