Re: pgbench stats per script & other stuff

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbench stats per script & other stuff
Date: 2016-01-27 10:10:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello again,

> Here's part b rebased, pgindented and with some minor additional tweaks
> (mostly function commands and the function renames I mentioned).

Patch looks ok to me, various tests where ok as well.

> Still concerned about the unlocked stat accums.

See my arguments in other mail. I can add a lock if this is a blocker, but
I think that it is actually better without, because of quantum: the
measuring process should avoid affecting the measured data, and locking is
not cheap.

> I haven't tried to rebase the other ones yet, they need manual conflict
> fixes.

Find attached 14-c/d/e rebased patches.

About e, for some obscure reason I failed in my initial attempt at
inserting the misplaced options in their rightfull position in the option
list. Sorry for the noise.

--
Fabien.

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgbench-script-stats-14-c.patch text/x-diff 5.1 KB
pgbench-script-stats-14-d.patch text/x-diff 8.4 KB
pgbench-script-stats-14-e.patch text/x-diff 1.2 KB