Re: Probable faq: need some benchmarks of pgsql vr.s mysql

From: Brian Hurt <bhurt(at)spnz(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Probable faq: need some benchmarks of pgsql vr.s mysql
Date: 2010-10-29 21:37:19
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
For the record, the table we're having trouble inserting into is ~100 rows
with ~50 indexes on it.  E.F Codd is spinning in his grave.  The reason
they went with this design (instead of one that has two tables, each with
3-6 columns, and about that many indexes) is that "joins are slow".
Which they may be on Mysql, I don't know.  But this is (unfortunately) a
different battle.

Brian